Thursday, May 24, 2007

Another nightmare journey back to Southend

Here is one of the reasons why leaving this country is so appealling….

I tend to drive to South East London and leave my car where I used to live and catch the train into London Bridge, it is the cheapest and easiest option especially if I need the car for work as I do sometimes. So at the end of the day I just jump on a train at London Bridge station and I reach my car 20 minutes later.

London Bridge Station was closed for the second line side fire in a month, and they were running London Bridge services out of Victoria station, but as I got near Victoria station they closed it due to congestion, so the next option was to get a Dockland Light Railway train to Lewisham and a bus to the car, but when I got to Bank station to get on the DLR train, I discovered that station was closed due to congestion.

So I thought I'll forget the car altogether and just get a train to Southend from Liverpool Street station, wrong again trains were being severely delayed due to a broken down train at Romford and once again almost impossible to get into the station, so it was off to Fenchurch Street station and finally at 7:00pm got on a train to Southend, after having set off from my office at 5:30pm, and having probably walked about 3 or 4 miles.

And people still ask me why I am moving to France!!!

No comments: