Thursday, June 21, 2007

A tad optimistic

I believe that the headline on our website (aubellefleur.com) ‘Opening Late Summer 2007’ may be a tad optimistic now judging by the progress we have made so far. Here we are almost at the end of June and the 1st en-suite is only just approaching completion. We now have the spectre of the roof reinforcement programme which, although the builders say will only take two weeks, in reality I think it will take longer by the time it is really finished.

The big question is now will we be ready by Christmas, I fear not, taking a realistic view, but we should be ready for the spring of 2008. We are still waiting for the planning permission to be approved for the new Velux windows, so after a swift start we are being sucked into French way of getting things done, which as usual is not the quickest in the world, so I think the new headline will read 'Opening Early 2008'.

But hey… lets do things the French way, sit back have another glass of wine and enjoy the summer, well at least Franca can do it the French way, I have to carry on working in London (I guess thats the British way) to bring in the money until we can start trading. Will Mr Sarkozy make a difference or will he get sucked back into the French way of doing things, ask me this time next year and I might be able to tell you, and we might be running our B&B by then.

No comments: