Monday, June 16, 2008

New utility room takes shape

Its been ages since I have had some free time to sit in front of the computer and type up a few words, however since this weekend I am not in France because I could not get a reasonably priced flight, I have some time to sit in front of the computer having just watched a disappointing Dutch display in the Euro 2008 championships, I guessed they peaked too soon.


When I have been in France I’ve been working hard on getting the new utility room ready for use. All the major infrastructure work is now complete and almost everything has been painted that needs painting. The floor is now finished and it has turned out pretty good considering it was my first effort at laying a floor, at least the lines are straight. I could have done better with the grouting which I rushed, but I will know that for next time, it almost takes longer to grout than to tile. So as you can see from the pictures we have bought some shelving to start putting things into the room. This weekend should have been plumbing weekend, but that will have to move next weekend. I have put in a large double door frame around all our boiler equipment and I just need to put the doors on, not a trivial task, but that will have to wait until the summer as the doors have to come from the UK as that is where the frame came from. It is strange but in France you cannot buy a separate frame and door, they always come as a set, and because I could not find a large double door set I brought one from the UK.

Once the plumbing is finished, hopefully next weekend, then we can move everything out of the old utility room ready for its ceiling to be removed.


No comments: