Thursday, July 03, 2008

Fun in the Sun


Well last weekend was amazing, wall to wall sunshine the whole way from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. It was the hottest day of the year so far and we basically stayed outside for the whole weekend only going inside to sleep.

We got the small pool out for Fleur and filled it up and within 2 hours the water was nice and warm, warm enough for mum and dad to play in the pool as well, though not enough room for three so we took it in turns, and of course Fleur loved it, and we actually managed to wear her out, and ourselves too.

I managed to get sun burned, as us Brits do, even Franca was red towards the end of the day and she never burns. The weekend before we went out and bought a small barbeque so we were able to cook and eat outside on Saturday night, so all in all a wonderful day, and I did not do any work on the house. This is one of the reasons why we came to live here, you could say we got a good glimpse of the dream we are working towards.

On Sunday, which was even hotter than Saturday, I had to stay out of the sun due to my sunburn, and so I started to tackle the plumbing in the new laundry room first by cutting the hole in an old work top we had laying around and fitting a new sink in, then working on the pipe work. As usual it took longer than I thought so by then time I was forced to stop work by my daughter I had only managed to plumb in the waste, and even there I have under estimated how much pipe work was required, so that has to be finished on my next visit.

No comments: