Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Silly Me...

I have to come clean here and admit to my English language reader (because Franca has already told it in Dutch) about the howler of a mistake I made last week.

It is probably one of your worst nightmares, next to loosing your passport in a foreign country, it is also why there has been no blog for a week or so, I flew back to the UK last Monday as usual with no problems went to work and then at the end of the day headed back Lee for a well earned early night. However when I got to the front door of the house I could not find the keys, and then the sudden horror dawned on me that they were probably still in France, so I phoned the wife and yes they were on the bedside table. Franca phoned the house owners in the hopes that they had left a spare key some where and indeed they had, a neighbour had a key, trouble is you need two keys to get into the house. So I had no choice but to go back to London and then to my parents in Southend, going via Next & Boots on the way to buy some clothes and toiletries. Luckily I had somewhere to go otherwise it would have been London hotels and it would have cost even more, just when we are trying to save as much money as possible for the house.

Such is life, I still do not know what the keys were doing on the bedside table, I never take them out of my jacket pocket in France, the departure checking before leaving the house will be even more rigorous, and I will get a spare second key cut to leave with the neighbour,... and Joy I appreciated the text on Sunday night hahahaha...... I don't think I will forget keys ever again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, silly Darren. No other comment possible.
Jan