Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ma petite voiture

.
I hit another target this week, finally I have bought a car to drive to and from the airports in France. It’s a British registered left hand drive Mazda MX-3, its 15 years old but hopefully it will do the job for a year or so, and by March 2008 it will have paid for itself. It is currently in the garage undergoing a full service before I attempt the long drive to Sigogne, without air conditioning, but what do you expect for just over a £1000.00. The important thing is, it has a big engine so I should be able to overtake a few things en-route, so with no apologies to Hertz and Avis, next week is the last time I shall be hiring a car for a while, unless I have to do some strange airport combinations in the Autumn as the airlines change their timetables for the winter. This car was first registered in Alberta, Canada, so you could say it speaks french with a north American accent, although Alberta is not a French speaking area all the documentation is in French and English. So this little car has been around a bit, built in Asia, imported into Canada, then imported into the UK and now heading off for a spell in France.

No comments: