Wednesday, April 08, 2009

A funny thing happened to me on the way to the office…..no really

I was dashing through Liverpool Street station heading for the tube when I spotted a gap in the crowd to a free ticket gate, so I went for it.

It was only as I went base over apex flying through the air watching my mobile phone performing aerobatics above me that I realised why the gap was there.

A gentleman was pulling, perfectly concealed behind him, the largest wheelie suitcase I have ever seen (or not seen in my case - pardon the pun).

As I lay flat on my back on the station floor watching my phone trying to make good its escape through the ticket barrier I had a moment to remember something I heard on Danny Baker's 5 Live program the night before. He was asking had you ever been fouled in real life, well here I am laying on the floor of Liverpool St station waiting for the ref to show the puller of the titanic suitcase a straight red card...he took both my legs out ref...

It made a few commuters smile for a moment.... I hate wheelie suitcases almost as much as I hate umberallas.

1 comment:

Porter Family/Au Bellefleur said...

Oh dear, I guess your mobile didn't take a picture in the meantime?

Your loving wife!