Saturday, April 25, 2009

I think I need to cut the grass

After the high of last weekends birthday celebrations this weekend is a bit of a low since I cannot get back home to France, due to having to work in Limerick for most of Friday.

However this does give me a chance to do a few chores at London HQ, Joy & Simon I hope your reading. I must admit to negelecting the garden a bit, well be honest....alot, I've not been out there this year, so I thought it was time to cut the grass. So Saturday dawned and it was raining but it cleared up by 10.00 so grass cutting was on...

It would certainly would have been a lot more bover with a hover, taking words from a very old advert, so I purchased a heavy duty petrol powered strimmer, which we will need in France as well as it carrying out a little job for me here in the UK.




So I am ashamed to say this is the before shot....




and hopefully below it is the after shot with Toro the strimmer who made short work of the elephant grass in the back garden.


There you go Joy and Simon, next time your over you'll be able to sit in the garden with a glass of something, but don't leave it too long, don't think I'm due another weekend in London for a while.

Hopefully it will now be a lot less bover with a hover...

Time for a glass of something....

1 comment:

Simon Gray said...

Thanks Darren! I've never seen the lawn look so well manicured in eight years!