Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009

Its been an interesting run up to Christmas, with all the weather disruptions in the UK, the threat of strikes (by British Airways) and the Euro Tunnel shinanigans, so I was amazed that apart from loosing one day to the snow I escaped somewhat unscathed, and arrived home on Christmas Eve via the Euro Tunnel bang on time.



The family at Christmas, Christmas Table, Fleur & Oma singing Carols, and of course the one and only Franca happy now she has a bottle of Amaretto

The run up to Christmas is as always a great big panic, even though every year I try to get organised, this year the weather threw a big spanner in the works with the snow and ice meaning I was always playing catch up, especially as I was visiting lots of people in remote parts of Derbyshire during the bad weather, well at least trying to. One nice visit in Derbyshire, not work related, was to catch up with my oldest friend Alice whom I am ashamed to say, I have not seen for 17 years!, she has not really changed so why have I got all the grey hairs then! Christmas in Sigogne this year was celebrated in a fairly low key way, unless you were my 7 year old daughter, its the first time she has got really exicted over Christmas so of course we were woken up at 5:00am, 6:00am and she finally got up at 7:00am. Franca's mum was also with us which is always good fun, and since she had been here since the middle of December she headed back to Rotterdam on 27th. I hope everyone had a good Christmas, and have a Happy, Peaceful and Prosperous New Year

No comments: