Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Time to get ready for action again...

Made a bit of a boob this weekend, or rather I made it back in October when I made all my flight/travel bookings for the rest of the year. I managed to miss out this weekend for some strange reason lost in the mists of time. Hence I am now sitting on the Eurostar heading from Paris to London on my most expensive weekend return of the year. To get the trains I want I had to book the full 1st class return, but it was still £200.00 cheaper than British Airways wanted for a last minute return to Bordeaux.

In all it was a bit of a lazy weekend just pottering around doing little jobs. However this will have to stop as we need to get on and do things, if we are to be ready for the next season. To show willing and convince myself we had restarted work I knocked down a wall, not a very big one but it meant that things were starting to move forward again. We are coming into the Christmas season and this will slow things down a little as we are suddenly getting guests again so there will be no major work this side of the New Year.

I have a list of small jobs that all need to be tackled before the next major onslaught of guests, hopefully around Easter next year, the biggest of which is to fix the walkin shower which seems to continuously get blocked which means ripping up the shower floor and part of the bathroom floor to re-lay the waste pipe. Pipe work will take about an hour to do , ensuing tiling and flooring will take 2 or 3 weekends. So its busy busy time again, however we have some nice things to do again, it is Franca's mother's 75th birthday and we are celebrating it in Paris. As part of the trip Fleur is being taken to Disneyland, and she is already saving up all her Euros ready for the big day.

No comments: