Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Normality returns to Au Bellefleur

A rare chance to get the computer out on a Ryanair flight means I can update you with goings on this weekend chez Porter in the Charente. I am flying via Limoges this weekend and next partly because of work and partly because of cashflow, I left it too late to book British Airways cheap fights, so here I am on Ryanair. Working in Nottingham means I am not too far from an airport either, so the car is at East Midlands and I am flying East Midlands to Limoges.

It was a quiet weekend at Au Bellefleur, though we had got guests who called on at the last minute, so a handy and timely boost to the cashflow as we do not have many guests at this time of year.

Our plumbing problems at least as far as blockages are concerned are behind us, I just have to complete the repairs to the drains an re-set the base of the shower in one of the affected rooms.
We have a nice new washing machine which was imeadiately pressed into action after its arrival on Wednesday and it has probably already done 15 washes, very quietly. We have never had such a quiet washing machine.

That was the extent of the excitment for the weekend, and it was nice to a normal weekend for a change, its just a pity that I had to head back to the UK on Sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

Porter Family/Au Bellefleur said...

Well luckily you're not entirely up-to-date with bookings! :-)