Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New PC in the offing...

After the panic of nearly missing my flight last week I got up 15 minutes earlier and left for the airport half an hour earlier than normal and of course I ended up in Bordeaux airport a whole hour earlier than I normally arrive, but better too early than too late. It also means there is plenty of time to blog this morning. This weekend was quite leisurely for me, my main task was to get Au Bellefleur IT systems back up and running after the network card in our long term loan machine from the office decided to give up the ghost.

We pressed our very old PC but not much used PC back into service, and although it is slow it is working fine, and now the task of buying a new computer for Au Bellefleur begins. I am certainly not going to be buying any more small form factor machines as they have no room to insert an expansion card in the event that something small, like a network port, fails, which basically means the end of life as we know it for the small form factor PC.

We really are lost without an internet connection these days, all our contact with our clients being made over the internet we really cannot afford to be off air for too long, so I shall also be getting a mobile pay as you go broadband dongle as an emergency standby along with a little netbook.

We went out to friends for Sunday lunch which was great fun, even Fleur loved it as she had a lovely dog to play with, and she (Fleur) was showing our hosts some of her best dance moves, we eventually got home at about 8:00pm, so bang went any chance of me doing anything on Sunday afternoon, but I'm not complaining because it was good fun and I learnt a few useful things too..

No comments: