Monday, March 17, 2008

Its nearly Easter

A strange weekend it started with arriving to an empty house as Franca & Fleur had gone off to see some friends to arrange logistics for next week when Franca has to chaperone an American film crew around the Charente for 3 days. So Fleur will be dropped on Wednesday at 7:15 am with Fabiola and Patrick then Franca picks up the Americans at 8:00 for a full days filming.

So when I arrived I ate something, then got a call asking me to go to Fabiola & Patrick’s for something to eat!! It is always very nice and friendly there and into the bargain we may have found a reasonable house wine for Au Bellefleur made by Patrick’s cousin near Neuvicq, we will go and investigate in the near future.

On the work front I started to put up the ceiling in our new scullery, ceilings are always difficult, but luckily I did not have much insulation so I only managed 3 pieces of plasterboard before I ran out of insulation. I also tried to sort out some of the electrics in the scullery. I sorted out the lighting circuits though I still need to install another switch near the garage door to make it properly complete. I only blew the main switch once in the process, though I still don’t know why it blew. In the process of sorting out the electrics I discovered a problem with a number of cable joints which all needed to be remade, however I appear to have cut off two sockets in the living room in the process of fixing everything else. So I will have to finish that off when I get back next week. If Franca gets time amongst her chaperoning duties she will order the bits I need to carry on working, and if not it will be a gardening weekend amongst other things.

Next week is Easter so I am driving down to Sigogne with the Jaguar and it will stay in France for a few weeks whilst I take the Mazda back to the UK to see if it will pass another MOT without too much investment. Since it only cost me £1200.00 in thew first place if it is going to cost more that £500.00 to get through the MOT then it will not really be worth it. I had to put some oil in it last week, and that is the first thing I have done to it in nearly a year of ownership. Fingers crossed it will be fine but it will be nice to get my lights sorted and strangely enough I would like to get the cigarette lighter working again, then I can plug in my Sat Nav! I have 5 days in France over Easter for a much needed break from travelling.

The weather is back to what we would expect to be normal for the time of year, lots of wind and rain, though not too cold at the moment, but not as great as the unusually warm weather we got in February, the shorts and tee shirts are back in the cupboard for the moment.

Happy Easter everyone…..

1 comment:

Homeinthecharente said...

And Franca found out that there are not 2 but 3 sockets in the living room which don't work. ;-)