Monday, January 05, 2009

Christmas & New Year continued....

With Enrico and family heading back to the Netherlands it was off to work for me back into my fledgling bathroom to try and complete the plumbing so that I could start putting up walls. It was my intention not to do too much work this holiday, even though we really needed to get on. Christmas is a family time and so it would be unfair to spend it all in work clothes. So I managed to get the plumbing done despite a little disaster of plumbing the hot cold water the wrong way round for the shower. I managed to get most of the plumbing finished and a couple of wall panels up with the help of Franca. The bathroom looks small but it still takes a few full size plasterboard panels, and the waterproof ones required in a bathroom are really heavy. That was the sum total of the work I did over the holiday, which was basically 3 half days. Two of the other halves of those days were spent in DIY shops and the third half was spent with Fleur outside digging the garden an burning a tree that Enrico enthusiastically chopped down for me, yes the tree with the helicopter leaves is no more….

No comments: