Monday, January 05, 2009

The final chapter of the Christmas & New Year update

On the final day of my holiday we went to the beach, I like the seaside in winter, you still get a strong sun on a clear day, which today was, and my neck is sunburnt to prove it. Fleur also loves the beach so even though it the temperature did not reach much over zero we took the bucket and spade and made sandcastles, we flew kites, well we flew Fleurs cheap Whinny the Pooh kite and crashed the stunt kite we bought for papa to play with 2 years ago. At least I can fly a kite with one string, I just need someone with patients to teach me how to fly a two stringed kite as I cannot get into the sky without it taking massive dives within a few seconds… a challenge for 2009 maybe. We had lunch at a restaurant on the beach, and to be honest the food was not great, but on the 3rd of January, it was the only restaurant open.

And so all too soon my 10 day holiday was over and I am sitting on the ferry after having driven up from Sigogne on a sunny but freezing Sunday ready to go back to work on Monday morning.

I was a great break and fantastic to spend 10 days with ‘my girls’, it’s the longest time I have spent with them in 2008. Looking at 2009 from the view point of the 4th of January it seems a daunting prospect that I have to spend another year commuting back and forth to London, but I know in December I’ll be saying where did 2009 go. I am lucky to have a job to commute back to in 2009 which despite the exchange rate problems will keep help our dream alive. The B&B already has some summer bookings and so things are looking good at the moment. We have rented out the rooms we are currently working on so there is real incentive to get these finished and the room below before we get into the summer season proper, signs of that programme ‘Chaos in the Castle’ on the horizon. One thing is for sure, there is never a dull moment at Au Belle Fleur.

No comments: