Thursday, January 22, 2009

What's been happening

Barack Obama is now the President of the USA, more British banks are in trouble, and people are loosing thier jobs at an alarming rate, so it has been a tough start to the year so far. I count my self lucky that I have managed to avoid most of the economic fall out that is occurring around me at the moment.

What have I been up to since the snow fell in the Charente, well nothing out of the ordinary really. The bathroom for the family suite has finally been boarded out, which means the plumbing has progressed far enough that it is finally in a state where I can cover it up. We have finished the annex room to the family suite, it just needs carpet and furniture now, so it is on to getting the family room itself finished and the en-suite bathroom which is proving a bit of a challenge. I have to plumb everything taking into account the bathroom which will be installed directly below it downstairs, and a new cloakroom, OK its another toilet really, but this all has to be done in one go so that I do not keep undoing things. Project planning they call it…which is what I get paid for during week at the moment. Oh well back to the grind stone, I am really looking forward to those lazy summer days now, it has been cold and rain in UK since 2009 began, and in France too, it time for the days to start getting longer and warmer. Sadly I think we have another 6 weeks before we really start to see and feel spring time...

No comments: