Monday, February 16, 2009

A glass of Champagne, what else


I had a sudden thought at the weekend, my wife can be described as a true fan, where as I probably am not, when it comes to music, her choice of singers, bands etc. Since we have known each other 3 people have come into my life whom I would never other wise had given any thought to let alone listen to. The first is Julien Clerc, a French singer, and my wife’s number one favourite of all time, I think I scrape in just ahead of him in the popularity stakes but it’s a close run thing as my daughter and I found out at a concert of his in Bordeaux week or two ago. It was a sit down concert, however the point came in the concert when you could go down to the stage, the wife handed me my daughter and just ran for it, leaving us to sit together for the rest of the concert. The other two people are Julie Forsyth (daughter of Bruce) and Dominic Grant, now a duet, but formerly 1/3rd of Guys 'n Dolls a pop group from the seventies (if I'm allowed to describe them as that). We had guests staying with us at our B&B over the weekend, but for two hours whilst Julie and Dominic were appearing on a BBC radio show she was lost to us, sat in front of the computer emailing and listening to the show on the internet. The guests did not seem to mind as they were busy house hunting on the internet, so Fleur and I kept them fed and watered and answered their questions on house hunting

I am obviously not a true music fan as none of my favourite groups would illicit such a reaction from me, the odd classic car might have me running across a road to take a closer look, but that is about it.

Having said all that I would not change the way Franca is for anything, its part of her character and that’s what I love about her. So what did we do on Valentines Day, well I serviced the lawn mower for Franca, dug the vegetable patch and planted up some flowers with Fleur and Franca prepared a room for our guests. Luckily the weekend before was the weekend of the Julien Clerc concert, so it was an early Valentines Day present for Franca. We did surprise our guests when they arrived by opening Champagne for them, well it wouldn’t be Valentines Day without a bottle of bubbly now would it.. oops perhaps that what I am a true fan of :-)

No comments: